Intrauterine Insemination in Lucknow
What is IUI?
Intrauterine Insemination or IUI is a procedure for treating infertility where sperm is placed directly into a woman’s uterus. At first, the sperm is washed and concentrated, then it is placed in the woman’s uterus around the time when the woman’s ovary releases one or more eggs to be fertilized. This is done to increase the chances of pregnancy in some couples who have not been able to get pregnant through natural conception.
Why is IUI done?
IUI is done in couples who may have:
- Endometriosis Related Infertility: The first treatment approach for endometriosis-related infertility is using medication to obtain a good quality egg along with the process of IUI.
- Donor Sperm: IUI is commonly used in women who need to use donor sperm to get pregnant.
- Unexplained Infertility: In cases of unexplained infertility, IUI is performed as the first treatment approach along with ovulation-inducing medicines.
- Cervical Factor Infertility: If the cervical mucus found in the cervix present at the lower end of the uterus is too thick, it can impede the sperm from reaching the egg. In such a case, IUI is used to deposit the sperm directly into the woman’s uterus.
- Subfertility: IUI is used to overcome problems related to sperm such as low production, low motility, or abnormal shape/structure.
- Ovulatory Factor Infertility: IUI is also performed for those women who may have infertility due to anovulation, improper ovulation, or a reduced number of eggs.
- Semen Allergy: Very rarely, women may have an allergy to proteins in their partner’s semen and though a condom can protect you from the symptoms, it can also prevent pregnancy. IUI can be effective if your sensitivity is severe as many proteins in semen can be removed before the sperm is inserted.
What is the success rate of IUI?
Each couple has a different response to IUI. The success rate of IUI varies depending on the reason for needing fertility treatment. As women age, the success rates for IUI reduce especially in women above the age of 40 and those whose two or more previous cycles of IUI have not been successful.
What are the risks of IUI?
IUI is a relatively safe procedure with a low risk of serious complications. Some of the risks of IUI include:
- Vaginal Bleeding: Sometimes, during the process of IUI, placing the catheter in the uterus causes small amounts of vaginal bleeding. This however does not affect the chances of pregnancy.
- Infection: The risk of developing an infection, although low, is there as a result of the IUI procedure.
- Multiple Pregnancy: IUI when coordinated with ovulation-inducing medications increases the risk of multiple pregnancies.
What is the cost of IUI?
The IUI cost in Lucknow can vary depending on your specific needs. The IUI cost in Lucknow also comes with some additional costs of ultrasounds, lab testing, and semen analysis. To know more about IUI cost in Lucknow, you can visit Urvara Fertility Centre- the best IUI centre in Lucknow.
About Urvara Fertility Clinic
Urvara Fertility Clinic is the best IUI centre in Lucknow led by Dr. Richa Singh, who is a renowned IVF doctor & infertility specialist from Max Hospital, Delhi. The fertility clinic is equipped with the latest cutting edge technology and state of the art infrastructure to cater to all problems relating to infertility. Ever since Urvara Fertility Clinic opened its door for patients, it has emerged as the best IUI centre in Lucknow for providing excellent medical care for IVF and other reproductive disorders at an affordable IUI cost in Lucknow.