In Vitro Fertilization treatment in Delhi
What is In vitro fertilization (IVF) ?
In vitro fertilization (IVF)is an age-old practice that started in 1977 and has been followed since then. It is a process of fertilization where a woman’s egg is combined with sperm outside the body under expert supervision. IVF is considered by several parents who have been unable to conceive after trying for years. MAX Hospital, Panchsheel is known to provide the best IVF TREATMENT in Delhi. There are various procedures followed depending upon the case and requirement.
IVF TREATMENT IN DELHI: The Basics
What leads to infertility?
IVF is a process carried out when a couple has fertility issues or is unable to conceive.
The reasons vary from couple to couple.
- It can be a problem with the woman’s fallopian tube which could be damaged or blocked, or
- There can be a problem with the male sperm, endometriosis – where the lining of the uterus grows outside the uterus, etc.
IVF TREATMENT IN DELHI BY DOCTOR TANYA ROHATGI
Dr. Tanya at MAX Hospital, Delhi provides IVF treatment in Delhi to all such couples. For diagnosis of the problem, she usually conducts tests like:
- Uterine Tissue Sampling (Endometrial biopsy).
- Radiological investigation of the uterus and fallopian tubes (Hysterosalpingography), which is hormonal analysis depending on the case.
- Advanced laparoscopic and hysteroscopic minimal access surgery to remove fibroids.
- Open tubal blockages, or any other condition that requires surgery without having to perform open surgery which requires long post-operative care.
THE PROCEDURE OF IVF TREATMENT IN DELHI BY DOCTOR TANYA ROHATGI
- OVARIAN STIMULATION
The first step followed is to stimulate the ovaries by giving gonadotropin injections. This is called the ovulation induction and is done over 10-14 days. During this time, the patient‘s progress is also monitored. The doctor conducts trans-vaginal ultrasounds to administer how the ovary is responding to the medications.
- EGG RETRIEVAL
At an appropriate time, when the doctor feels that the eggs are mature, the final injection is given which allows the ultimate maturation of the egg. Then at the time of egg retrieval, the doctor ensures the eggs are removed from the ovary,36 hours later.
Egg retrieval is done under a light anesthesia so that the patient is unconscious.
- Embryo Development and selection
After the retrieval of the eggs, they are taken in a petri dish, sorted and counted. An egg is then exposed to 50,000-100,000 sperms in a test tube. This is called Fertilization.
- Embryo transfer
The last stage is the embryo transfer. This is when the embryo or one or more embryos are placed in the woman’s uterus, in the womb. This is done without anesthesia and the patient can head home straight after this.
Other Feathers in Dr. Tanya’s Cap
There are other IVF treatments and procedures as well in which Dr. Tanya specializes.
- Intrauterine Insemination: It is a process of collecting the semen ejaculated during masturbation, processing the sample, and directly inserting it to the uterus without using a catheter.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI): In this a single sperm is injected directly into the cytoplasm of the egg. The fertilization rate achieved by this process is quite high.
- Micro TESE: It is a process performed on men when there is a complete absence of sperm in their semen. Microsurgical Testicular Sperm Extraction is advised in such cases.
Why Dr. Tanya for IVF Treatment in Delhi?
Dr. Tanya also works with the laser-assisted embryo hatching. It is used to help the embryo hatch from its protective outer shell which is excessively thick. This process helps the embryo to stick and to attach better to the lining of the uterus.
Another IVF Treatment in Delhi that Dr. Tanya undertakes is Selective Multifetal Reduction. It is the procedure of reducing the number of fetuses in multiple pregnancy cases. This depends on the situation and the decision of the couple during the first trimester of the pregnancy.
Dr. Tanya also provides a Blastocyst Transfer Option in which an embryo is transferred post-ICSI or IVF. When embryos are left in the culture for a longer time, it improves the chances of their conception.
Another amazing treatment that Dr. Tanya offers is the Cryo-preservation (Vitrification). It is used to preserve gametes (eggs and sperms) and embryos.
Embryo donation is another service provided under which where eggs or sperms or both are donated for the couple who are unable to produce their own. The embryo is collected in the donation program carried out for such couples. The donor embryo ( frozen or fresh) is used for fertilization.
Other techniques used for Surgical Sperm Retrieval (SSR)by Doctor Tanya are –
- MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration),
- TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration),
- PESA( Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration) and
- TESE ( Testicular Biopsy)
Is the egg retrieval painful?
During egg retrieval, you will be sedated and given medication so that you don’t’ feel the pain. After the surgery/procedure, you may feel cramps, soreness, or fullness.
Is bleeding expected after egg retrieval?
After egg retrieval, vaginal bleeding/spotting is common. It is similar to bleeding in periods. In case of excess bleed, you should contact the doctor immediately.
How long do I have to stay in the hospital during and after the procedure?
IVF Procedure does not require any hospitalization. It only requires frequent visits from time to time.
How soon can I return to normal life after IVF?
Once the embryo transfer is done, you can resume your normal life. You may experience cramps because there might be a minor swelling in the ovaries. Stick to a mild routine and avoid exertion as it may affect your chances of getting pregnant.