The Do's and Don'ts of Exercise During IVF
In vitro fertilization is a process by which infertile couples can fulfil their dream of parenthood. The success of In vitro fertilization depends on many points such as lifestyle, age, smoking or drinking habits, Regular exercise, diet, and more. During the IVF procedure, it is important to take precautions while doing exercise to ensure the best outcomes. Here we will discuss which type of exercise is recommended by the specialist and how exercise can improve IVF success rates. Not only this we will also tell you about the common mistakes which you should avoid while doing exercise.
Precautions to Take When Exercising During IVF
Regular exercise makes your body healthier and fit but it is necessary to take precautions while doing exercise. We will let you know what are the main precautions you have to take while doing exercise during IVF.
- Consult with a fertility specialist - You must consult with your fertility specialist who provides you with a proper treatment plan and guides you related to the exercise. With their guidance and help, you will get proper knowledge about various exercises that you can do during IVF treatment.
- Avoid high-impact exercises - Many doctors advise that high-impact exercises can disrupt the uterine surrounding and reduce the chances of implantation. You must stick to light exercise so that it won't disrupt embryo development and implantation.
- Modify your exercise routine - It is essential to make changes in your exercise routine which is advised by your specialist and make adjustments in your exercise routine timings too to increase the success rate of IVF treatment.
How Exercise Can Help Improve IVF Success Rates
Regular and proper exercise routine can improve the treatment success rate and keep your body fit and healthy too. These are the ways which show that exercise can benefit women who are undergoing IVF procedure.
- Improved Blood Circulation and Reproductive Function:Regular exercise routine gives lots of benefits to the body. If you make a schedule of doing exercises that are advised by the doctor then this will improve blood circulation and increase the blood flow in reproductive organs so that they work properly. This also increases the success rate of implantation.
- Healthy Weight Management:Maintaining proper weight will help you in many ways and one of them is a successful IVF outcome. Doing exercise regularly maintains your body weight and will reduce unhealthy fat in your body too. It is important to do exercise to improve your body weight and to burn extra calories too.
- Reduced Your Stress Levels: Stress is one of the barriers to successful IVF treatment and it is necessary to manage your stress level during IVF treatment. You can do some exercise to reduce your stress level. Exercise helps your mind and body to feel fresh and promotes a sense of well-being too.
Every individual must take out some time to do exercise and fix the schedule for a few exercises even if it is just waking up or running a few steps. You can discuss with your doctor about the exercises and take advice about various exercises that can lead you to successful IVF treatment .
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Exercising during IVF
There are many mistakes which are usually made while exercising during IVF treatment which can be risky for their baby too. You have to keep these points in mind while exercising -
- Avoid doing intense exercises regularly or suddenly because it can increase your temperature and embryo development can also be affected.
- Listen to your body and exercise according to it. Do not do exercise if you are feeling sick or extremely tired.
- Avoid exercises that can cause abdominal because it can lead to failure in IVF treatment.
By avoiding these common mistakes, you can protect your health and increase the chances of a successful IVF treatment.
Also Read - What To Eat After Embryo Transfer?
Tips for Incorporating Exercise into Your IVF Journey
It is necessary to follow a few tips for incorporating exercise into your IVF journey because these tips will help you out in gradually increasing the intensity and time duration of your exercises.
- It is essential to start slowly with some specific exercises and keep this thing in mind that your body needs rest after the exercise so give your body proper rest also.
- You can also join groups or friends circles with whom you can do exercise.
- You can also try yoga or gentle stretching exercises whenever you feel exhausted.
Exercise is necessary for making your body fit and maintaining mental well-being. On the other hand, it is essential to take precautions while doing exercise during IVF treatment. You have to consult with your doctors or specialists about the exercises and focus on light exercises like yoga, walking, or meditation. This is beneficial for women undergoing IVF treatment to increase their treatment success rate. Doing exercise properly can reduce stress, improve blood circulation, maintain body weight, and more.
It is also important to discuss with your fertility specialist in Lucknow before starting any new exercise routine and if you have any health concerns then you must tell your doctor before doing any exercise during IVF treatment. A doctor can help you to develop a proper exercise plan that is as per your need and will not harm embryo development. To increase the success rate of IVF treatment you have to start slowly and gradually increase your exercise duration.
Remember that doing exercise also includes common mistakes that you have to avoid like intense exercising, feeling tired, and then also doing exercise, and many more. All these common mistakes can affect your embryo growth and can lead to other medical issues too. Always prioritise your health and consult with your doctor to ensure that the exercises you are doing are safe for you and your baby.