Ultrasound Monitoring Center in Lucknow
Ultrasound Monitoring is of two types
- Transvaginal Ultrasound (TVS)
- Transabdominal Ultrasound (TAS)
What is TVS?
Transvaginal Sonography (TVS), also known as endovaginal ultrasound refers to an internal examination of the female reproductive system. It includes a detailed study of the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, cervix, and vagina. It is done to check the internal organs of women, identify any abnormalities, and help the doctor to diagnose those abnormalities in cases of infertile patients.
Why is TVS done in infertility patients?
There are many reasons where your doctor may recommend TVS. Some of them are-
- Infertility work up as baseline scan to know about any pathology in the uterus, ovaries, tubes.
- To look at the number of eggs (Antral Follicular count ) on day 2 to assess the ovarian reserve in infertility patients based on which various decisions are made.
- To monitor the growth of follicles during the menstrual cycle in natural monitoring and also in stimulated cycles in IUI and IVF.
- To monitor the endometrial lining thickness and pattern during treatment along with USG Doppler to know the vascularity of endometrium.
- To check for any findings of OHSS, a complication of ART treatments and assess the amount of fluid in POD and ovarian size.
- To diagnose early pregnancy and the heartbeat of the fetus.
Why is TAS done in infertility patients?
TAS may be done for the following reasons:
- Wherever IUI is done guided by USG
- When there is a mock -et to check the passage of uterus for the final placement of embryos at the time for embryo transfer
- Wherever any injection like endokinin are given to increase the thickness of endometrial lining guided by USG
- The embryo transfers are done indeed TAS scan with a bladder full.
The procedure of TVS-
There is no fasting required before performing TVS and the woman is required to just empty her bladder before the scan.
During the sonography, the sonographer covers the ultrasound probe with the condom to avoid cross-infection between patients and then inserts it into the vagina with all precautions. It does not cause pain and the majority of women are comfortable with the tvs scan until there is a local infection already present which might cause some discomfort. The sound waves then start bouncing off the internal organs and hence gives us the images which can be clicked for the references.
The procedure of TAS-
The woman undergoing TAS is asked to fill the bladder by drinking at least 1-2 litres of water. Once The bladder is filled then USG is done to have a clear outlook of the internal organs. If the bladder is not full internal structures are not visible and there are a lot of difficulties in getting a proper image of organs.
What is Doppler Ultrasound?
Doppler Ultrasound is used to monitor the blood flow in the vessels of the endometrium and around ovaries which helps the clinician to assess the difficulties in ovum pick up or decisions regarding embryo transfer.
Urvara Fertility Centre provides the facility of TAS monitoring as well as TVS monitoring. It also provides the facility of coloured Doppler Ultrasound. The answer to all of your infertility related issues and reproductive system abnormalities are accessible under one roof at Urvara Fertility Centre. Dr. Richa of Urvara Fertility Centre is a leading IVF doctor in Lucknow. Having worked at the reputed Max Hospital, Delhi previously, she comes with extensive experience of 11 years. She is now available to her patients in the city of Lucknow itself.