Dental Implant Surgery.
The advancement in science has permitted new and advanced family building choices. Surrogacy is a good family building option for those couples where women are not able to carry a pregnancy.
There are different reasons for people to opt for surrogacy:
- Infertility issues like repeated miscarriages or IVF failures force couples to look for surrogacy for family building.
- A health-related issue is present in a woman like uterine anomalies or absence of the uterus or any other medical issue that doesn’t allow her to carry the pregnancy for a certain time.
- This is one of the best choices for single people who want to have their babies.
In gestational surrogacy, a surrogate woman agrees to carry a pregnancy for another person. The future mother usually provides her egg or occasionally a donor egg and the future father provides his sperm or occasionally a donor sperm. Then by way of in vitro fertilization (IVF), an embryo is created. This embryo is then transferred into the gestational carrier (i.e., surrogate woman). The baby will have a biological connection with the surrogate woman but will not have any genetic connection with each other.
Some requirements for surrogate mothers:
- She must have delivered her child and completed her pregnancy without any complications.
- She must be between the age of 21 and 35 years.
- The body mass index of a surrogate woman must not be exceeding 33.
- She must not be addicted to alcohol, smoking or any kind of drugs
- A surrogate woman must be good mental health and not infected with any sexually transmitted infections.
Process of surrogacy:
- A willing person either a surrogate or a parent first needs to apply and get themselves registered.
- In the case of surrogates, they need to meet all the above-mentioned requirements, and parents need to complete the initial consultation process.
- Then the surrogates and parents are matched and medical screenings are done.
- Once the process starts, all necessary steps of legal contact and other formalities are completed, and then the process of surrogate medication and her preparation for embryo transfer, etc. are performed.
- After the embryo is transferred, there comes the time for confirmation of pregnancy.
- Once positive, her pregnancy is monitored and she is paid compensation, and all her medical expenses are borne by the intended parents till she delivers and baby is handed over to the intended parents.
Unexpected issues with surrogacy:
Though surrogacy has a high success rate, everything doesn’t turn the same way. Some unexpected issues may arise in surrogacy and one should be prepared for them as well
- IVF or UI doesn’t guarantee a pregnancy. Sometimes it may take a few trials for developing a successful pregnancy.
- The couple should always keep in mind that miscarriages are possible at any point in time.
- Surrogacy does not always give you a single child. There are chances for twins or triplets.
- The surrogate mother can have any health issues or complications during pregnancy.