IVF Alternatives: Fertility Treatment Options
The journey of parenthood is unique for every parent. In vitro fertilization is a complex process that is helpful for many infertile couples to conceive a baby. However, some other fertility treatment options are alternatives to the IVF process. Let’s understand what these fertility treatments are.
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a process in which sperm are washed and concentrated then directly injected into the woman’s uterus at the time of ovulation. With the help of IUI, motile sperms can be injected which eventually reach the fallopian tubes and increases the chances of successful fertilization. This process is generally used for couples with unexplained infertility, ovulation disorder, or male factor infertility.
The process of IUI includes these steps -
- 1. A woman undergoes monitoring to determine the best time for the procedure. This process includes ultrasounds or other tests to analyse the growth of follicles in ovaries.
- 2. A sperm sample is collected from the male and then the sample will be washed and concentrated to remove its impurities.
- 3. The selected motile sperms are used to inject into the uterus with the help of a catheter. This process takes a few minutes and after this whole process, it is advised that the woman take a rest.
After two weeks a woman has to undergo for a pregnancy test to find out the result. Before undergoing IUI treatment it is necessary to understand its risks and success rates. This understanding may help in making an informed decision.
Ovulation Induction Medications
Ovulation induction medications are used to stimulate the ovaries to produce more than one egg in one menstrual cycle. These medications are advised by your fertility specialist and are also used in many infertility treatments as they increase the chances of pregnancy. There are several benefits of these medications as they offer many benefits. To meet the aim of specific needs of each woman ovulation induction medications are customized by the fertility specialist. Ovulation induction improves the timing of ovulation and is a non-invasive treatment (does not include any surgical treatment). It is also less expensive than IVF treatment or other infertility treatments.
Whereas there are a few risks related to ovarian stimulation medications such as multiple pregnancies, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, birth defects or others.
The process of ovulation induction medication includes these steps -
- 1. Evaluation to assess the ovarian reserve and overall reproductive health. This evaluation includes ultrasounds, blood tests, and other medical tests.
- 2. Initiating ovulation induction medications in which medications are given orally and through injection and then follicle growth is monitored closely through USG. When the follicle reaches to certain stage then triggers of a shot of human chronic gonadotropin is given so that ovulation occurs within 40 hours. After that either patient is counselled to have intercourse or IUI is done.
This is a surgical process that includes the use of a laparoscope, to operate or diagnose infertility problems. It may include removing cysts, damaged fallopian tubes or removing endometrial tissue. Laparoscopy has various benefits such as smaller incisions, improved fertility outcomes, and reduced risk of fertility treatment complications. Risks related to laparoscopy are bleeding, infection, and damage to surrounding organs. Laparoscopy is also offered by Top best infertility doctor in Lucknow who gives the right guidance during the treatment.
Conceiving a baby includes a path where infertility becomes a barrier. This barrier can be removed with the help of several infertility treatments. With the help of Fertility treatment in Lucknow, you can get a roadmap of the track that holds the capacity of successful infertility treatment. Most infertility cases are resolved through IVF treatment and alternatives of IVF treatment include Intrauterine insemination (IUI), Laparoscopy, Ovulation induction medications with timed intercourse, non-IVF therapies, and others. Before undergoing any fertility treatment, you should consult with a fertility specialist and figure out its complications, risks, or success rates to make an informed decision.